Tuesday 4 February 2020

Beyonce Hairstyles Braids Ponytails


Today I'm going to share with you this iconic, Beyonce inspired long braid honey. And when I say long, I just don't mean a little bit I'm talking a mind of it's own past your bamsee, honey Beyonce be whipping it around on the On The Run Tour I have to warn you though this look will have you at home feeling like Beyonce, honey. So please, don't hurt anyone when you nail that perfect whip around. Okay, but no seriously, if you like to find out how you can achieve this look at home, then keep watching. Now if you're someone like me who has super thick, tightly coiled hair then I recommend blowing out your hair before doing this style just to help it mold up into that ponytail. It makes it x easier, now if you don't have thickly coiled hair, maybe you have straight hair, fine hair whatever it is If your hair is super easy to get into a ponytail, then you can skip this part you really don't have to blowdry your hair. Cause you already know how to slick your hair into a simple pony. Next I divided my hair into sections. 


So I basically left the permitter out, and this is really helpful for people with super thick hair, or people with medium length hair. Now I did a pony at the top first, and this is my base, darling. And then I'm basically going to take product, and slick the edges up. It just makes it so much easier, and you have a lot less hair to work with when you're applying the product so to slick my hair up, I'm going to be using this Lovely B's edge control. So edge control is not really a gel, it's like a pommade type of constancy and it helps slick your hair up lovely especially when you use a hard brush. And you see how smooth you can get that, ooh! Then I take my second hair tie and secure the last section of the ponytail. Next up I'm going to take this little mini brush here, and this is going to be for my edges, honey. So I'm going to lay some baby hairs, I'm going to use some of the edge control just so I can lightly mold and sculpt them. Cause you can't have a braided ponytail without some edges honey, without some baby hair. Now I'm going to use this satin scarf, and I'm going to tie it around the permitter of my head. That's just going to help my ponytail set in position while I work on the actual braid. And now it's time for the real star of the show, Kanekalon hair. If you have never used Kanekalon hair, you're missing out on life, and you need to. This stuff is super cheap. From like cents to $ a pack, it's so affordable and you can do so many different styles with it. And we're going to use this to create our braid. So when you open the package, there's going to be a little elastic band at the top, we're going to get rid of that. Then I'm going to divide the hair into three sections and put it neatly and nicely over to the side. So before starting the actual braid, I took a bit of edge control and I put it on my hair, brushed it in and this is going to help the braid go really nice and smooth. Then I took my first piece of Kalekalon hair and we're going to feed it into my braid, and I'm going to add it in where I stopped braiding. So before I add on the Kanekalon hair, I'm just making sure that my braid is tight, and that the last section that I did is nice and secure I'm putting the Kanekalon hair over the left strand, and the middle strand. The strand on the right side doesn't have any Kanekalon hair in it, and it's going to go over the top and in between those two. And now I'm going to add my second piece of Kanekalon hair because remember in the beginning I said to divide the pack into three pieces And I'm going to repeat the exact same step, so Im going to put the Kanekalon hair on the left and middle sections And as you can see the middle section has no Kanekalon hair in it, so that's the same strand that had started on the right side in the beginning. 


So now we're going to make sure that the middle piece gets some Kanekalon hair by repeating the exact same steps we did the first time we added it in so right now I'm just positioning. You're going to be using all your fingers for this you're just making sure that you're positing the Kanekalon hair on top of the left and middle and taking that far right strand and bringing in between the two and crossing over and braiding down as you normally would. It seems complicated but its super easy once you figure it out, trust me. Then I'm taking the third and last piece of Kanekalon hair from this pack and I'm adding it in the exact same way we did the first two times. And then I just kept braiding and braiding and braiding until I could braid no more, darling. Now when you're getting closer to the ends, you could stop here. Your braid doesn't have to be mega, mega long. But if you'd like to go all the way, then we're going to need a second pack of Kanekalon hair and we're going to add another layer down here

No comments:

Post a Comment